-
King’s statement on former Prince Andrew’s arrest shows how grave this crisis is for U.K. royals - 14 mins ago
-
E-bikes sold by Amazon and Walmart recalled due to explosion, fire risk - 16 mins ago
-
Long-awaited reports outline problems with Palisades infrastructure - 25 mins ago
-
Lindsey Vonn’s Tragic Announcement Draws Response From Legendary Athlete - 30 mins ago
-
BetMGM Bonus Code FOXSPORTS Awards up to $1500 in Bomus Bets for USA vs Canada, Women’s Hockey Final - 31 mins ago
-
Olympians going for gold juggle day jobs to bring in some green - 55 mins ago
-
UConn Coach Dan Hurley Shares Concerning Alex Karaban Update After Loss - about 1 hour ago
-
2026 NBA Draft No. 1 Pick Odds: Dybantsa Gains Ground on Peterson - about 1 hour ago
-
Nissan recalls nearly 643,000 vehicles over engine and transmission risks - 2 hours ago
-
Fox News Lifestyle Newsletter: Feb. 12-19, 2026 - 2 hours ago
Rafah border crossing reopens, a step forward in the Israel-Hamas ceasefire
Egypt’s health ministry said Monday the level of preparedness at all healthcare facilities had been raised for the movement of patients and the wounded, and the return to Gaza of those who have recovered. Some 150 hospitals nationwide, nearly 12,000 doctors and between 250 and 300 fully equipped ambulances were on standby for crisis management, it said.
Khaled Mujawir, the governor of Egypt’s North Sinai province, told NBC News on Sunday that 150 wounded, injured and sick Palestinians from Gaza were expected to arrive in Egypt on Monday.
The director of the Nasser Medical Complex in the city of Khan Younis told NBC News that Israel had approved travel for only five patients from a list of 27 the hospital had submitted for transfer. Delaying travel of those in medical need out of Gaza is “a real threat to their lives,” Dr. Atef Al-Hout said.
The re-opening the crossing in both directions is a key pillar of President Donald Trump’s peace plan for Gaza and comes just days after the remains of the last hostage held in the enclave were returned to Israel.
The re-opening could signal a long-awaited transition to the second phase of the plan, which also involves Hamas’ disarmament, the transfer of power to a new technocratic government and the complete withdrawal of Israeli forces.
But many details remain uncertain, and the ceasefire remains shaky.
Israeli strikes on Gaza killed at least 30 Palestinians including several children on Saturday, local officials said, a day after Israel accused Hamas of new truce violations. Israel’s army said it was targeting Hamas militants and weapons sites across the Gaza Strip.
Israel has killed more than 500 people in Gaza since the ceasefire began, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry in the enclave.
Source link












