-
Deadly California storms continue to bring more danger - 20 mins ago
-
Hungarian Railway Station Buildings in Romanian Banat Threatened with Demolition - 38 mins ago
-
Kansas Coach Bill Self on Latest Darryn Peterson Exit: ‘It’s a Concern’ - 41 mins ago
-
Shark attacks rose in 2025, and the only U.S. death was in California - 60 mins ago
-
Burger King’s President Gives Out Phone Number - about 1 hour ago
-
Government Releases Strategic Oil Reserves, Further Steps Against Ukraine Are Being Considered - about 1 hour ago
-
Dan Hurley: UConn’s Defense ‘A Joke’ In Loss To Unranked Creighton - about 1 hour ago
-
Bernie Sanders formally kicks off California wealth tax campaign - 2 hours ago
-
Where ‘Grounded’ Golden Retriever Puppy Chooses To Nap Melts Hearts - 2 hours ago
-
Ex-South Korean president sentenced to life in prison over martial law order - 2 hours ago
King Charles expresses ‘deepest concern’ after brother Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
King Charles III expressed his “deepest concern” about the news of his brother, former Prince Andrew, being arrested on suspicion of misconduct while in public office.
“What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation,” the king said in a statement.
“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course,” he added. “As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
On Thursday, Thames Valley Police issued a statement on a newly opened misconduct probe. Without naming the person at the center of the case, police said that “a man in his sixties from Norfolk” was arrested on suspicion of misconduct while in office. Thames Valley Police said that officers were carrying out searches at addresses in Norfolk and Berkshire.
“Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office,” Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said in a statement. “It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offense.”
“We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time,” Wright added.
Thames Valley Police said the man would not be named, citing “national guidance.”
Mountbatten-Windsor, who turned 66 on the day of his arrest, was previously linked to disgraced late financier Jeffrey Epstein, and has appeared in the infamous Epstein files, including in images.
If the case were to go to trial, it would head to the UK’s Crown Court, which deals with the most serious criminal offenses, and the former prince would be facing life behind bars. Additionally, U.K. law limits the amount of time that Mountbatten-Windsor can be held in detention to 96 hours.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
The Associated Press and Fox News’ Mary Schlageter contributed to this report.
Source link











