-
Boise State's Javan Buchanan throws down dunk to extend lead against Butler - 9 mins ago
-
Body found in Oxnard believed to be that of missing 13-year-old, police say - 45 mins ago
-
List of Republican Senators Who Voted to Thwart Trump’s Canada Tariffs - 48 mins ago
-
2025 College Basketball Crown highlights: Boise State scores 100, moves to semis - 52 mins ago
-
The hunt for the Gilgo Beach serial killer - about 1 hour ago
-
San Francisco ties clean needle distribution for drug users to treatment - about 1 hour ago
-
Pistons Injury Report: Cade Cunningham Status Revealed vs Thunder - 2 hours ago
-
Who are the 10 best players in UConn women’s basketball’s history? - 2 hours ago
-
Which products will be affected by tariffs? Here’s what Trump’s “Liberation Day” could make pricier. - 2 hours ago
-
The hunt for the Gilgo Beach serial killer - 2 hours ago
President Trump will consider a final proposal for TikTok on Wednesday, sources familiar with the planning tell CBS News.
The administration is finalizing plans for potential investors that could include Blackstone and Oracle, as well as a long list of other investors that will likely involve blue chip private equity firms, venture capital firms, and major investors in the technology industry.
A meeting in the Oval Office will involve key administration officials on the deal, including Vice President JD Vance, Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick, national security adviser Mike Waltz, and Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard. It’s unclear if Mr. Trump will approve the strategy or not.
Mr. Trump set a deadline of Saturday, April 5 for TikTok’s Chinese parent company, ByteDance, to sell its stake in the app or potentially face a ban in the U.S. market. Lawmakers passed a bill last year setting a Jan. 19 deadline for the sale, but Mr. Trump signed an executive order granting a 90-day extension for a potential deal.
In remarks to reporters aboard Air Force One over the weekend, Mr. Trump said of TikTok, “We have a lot of potential buyers. There’s a lot of interest in TikTok. The decision is going to be my decision.” He said, “I’d like to see TikTok remain alive.” And he reiterated the comments in the Oval Office on Monday, saying that there is “a lot of enthusiasm for TikTok.”