-
High-Speed Rail CEO arrested on suspicion of domestic violence - about 1 hour ago
-
Lamine Yamal Misses Penalty As Barcelona Drops Crucial Points In LaLiga Title Race - about 1 hour ago
-
Szijjártó: Hungarian-US strategic cooperation is built on the friendship between the PM and President Trump - 2 hours ago
-
Mikaela Shiffrin Has 1-Word Response After Ilia Malinin Breaks Olympic Silence - 2 hours ago
-
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Says He’s ‘Turned the Page’ on Blue Jays’ World Series Heartbreak - 2 hours ago
-
Orbán: A new golden age has dawned - 2 hours ago
-
Steve Cohen Says Mets Will ‘Never’ Have a Team Captain as Long as He’s Owner - 3 hours ago
-
Her husband died shortly after their Pacific Palisades home was damaged by fire. Then the scammers came - 3 hours ago
-
Heisman Winner Fernando Mendoza Says He’d Be ‘Blessed And Honored’ To Play For Raiders - 4 hours ago
-
L.A. Mayor Bass says LA28 head Wasserman should step down - 4 hours ago
Florida man allegedly choked 13-year-old at bus stop just days after being released from jail
DELAND, Fla. (TCN) — A man who was recently released from jail was taken back into custody after allegedly attacking a child waiting at a bus stop, authorities say.
WOFL reports 36-year-old Christopher Schwable was arrested Jan. 20 and charged with aggravated child abuse and aggravated assault.
Officers were dispatched to a school bus stop where a 13-year-old boy was waiting for the bus with his brother, WOFL reports. Police allege Schwable choked the boy, who has not been named by authorities, and threatened him and others with a knife.
When officers arrived, a witness was holding Schwable down and told police he was driving by when he saw the child being choked. He said he grabbed his toolbox in case Schwable was armed.
Schwable allegedly threatened the witness with a knife. The witness then reportedly hit him on the head twice with his toolbox.
The boy told officers Schwable “tried hitting and punching me a bunch.” He showed officers an injury on his forehead and a cut on his finger, and said he had been punched in the chest and arms, WOFL reports. Other witnesses corroborated the boy’s story.
An investigation revealed Schwable, who is homeless, was recently arrested on charges of indecent exposure and possession of drug paraphernalia, WOFL reports. He spent three weeks in jail and was released Jan. 13, a week before the alleged attack at the bus stop. Investigators say the previous charges are not connected to the incident on Jan. 20.
iHeart reports Schwable is in custody with bond set at $5,000. His first court appearance was delayed because of behavioral issues.
Source link










