-
Grandson of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup inventor accuses Hershey of “quietly replacing” ingredients - 25 mins ago
-
The Lion Meets The GOAT: Tom Brady, Zlatan Ibrahimovic Link Up At AC Milan Match - 33 mins ago
-
Shinedown fans call band ‘cowards’ over Rock the Country festival exit - 38 mins ago
-
International manhunt underway for Navy reservist who allegedly killed wife, stuffed her in freezer - 56 mins ago
-
Barcelona Presidential Candidate Uses Messi Banner In Campaign Bid - about 1 hour ago
-
Florida man allegedly slashed 13-year-old boy’s neck in random boardwalk attack - 2 hours ago
-
Mark Zuckerberg testifies in L.A. trial over social media addiction - 2 hours ago
-
New Ravens OC Declan Doyle: Lamar Jackson Has ‘Even Higher Ceiling to His Game’ - 2 hours ago
-
Friends suspected in woman’s death after she’s found dead in the lake at a wakeboarding festival - 2 hours ago
-
Russian Skater Slams Olympic Judges for ‘Unprofessional’ Scoring - 3 hours ago
Florida man allegedly slashed 13-year-old boy’s neck in random boardwalk attack
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (TCN) — A 13-year-old boy on vacation with his family had his neck slashed in a random attack, authorities say.
Sullivan Clarke and his family were reportedly in town to see the Daytona 500 NASCAR race. According to an arrest affidavit obtained by WFLA, police responded to an area near the Daytona Beach boardwalk on Feb. 14 after receiving a report that someone had been slashed in the throat.
Witnesses stated a man had been lingering near the boy and then slashed Clarke’s throat with a box cutter. Surveillance footage shows the suspect approach Clarke, who was looking at his phone, and cut his neck horizontally.
Lori Nicole Clarke, the boy’s mother, said she thought the suspect was going to steal his phone, WFLA reports.
“I saw my son’s neck totally gashed open,” the boy’s father, Jerod Alan Clarke said, according to WFLA. “I could see the meat in his neck. It was crazy.”
A bystander reportedly helped him stop the bleeding with tissues, according to WFLA. Clarke was taken to a hospital, where he received 13 stitches, according to WKMG.
WESH reports a doctor told Clarke’s father his son might not have survived if the cut had been 1 millimeter deeper.
The suspect, Jermaine Long, 44, was apprehended nearby and arrested on an aggravated battery charge, WFLA reports. The affidavit states he admitted to putting his hands on the victim but not to slashing his throat.
Long is a Florida sex offender and is also listed as a sex offender in Nebraska, per WFLA. Other past charges include battery, theft, and drug possession.
Long was arrested in January for allegedly trying to hurt two men with a knife and then allegedly hitting them with a pole, WKMG reports. Prosecutors dropped those charges and Long was released from jail four days before allegedly attacking Clarke.
WESH reports Long is being held on a $50,000 bond.
MORE:
Source link











