Share

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs’ longtime friend Mary J. Blige has fans thinking she’s burned bridges with the music mogul

[ad_1]

Mary J. Blige’s recent remarks are causing a stir among fans online.

On Monday, the Grammy winner took to Instagram to share a cryptic message that read: “Unfortunately, a lot of you all met me when I lacked boundaries and was a people pleaser. Let me reintroduce myself, I burn bridges as needed.”

Fans were quick to respond in the comment section, most of whom began linking the R&B artist’s timely post to Sean “Diddy” Combs, whose homes were raided Monday in connection to a federal human trafficking investigation. 

SEAN ‘DIDDY’ COMBS HUMAN TRAFFICKING INVESTIGATION RAID IS ‘JUST THE BEGINNING’ OF LEGAL HURDLES: EXPERT

Singer Mary J. Blige at Grammys

Mary J. Blige has known Sean “Diddy” Combs for more than 30 years. (Matt Winkelmeyer)

Blige’s connection to Combs goes back decades. Her first two studio albums, “What’s the 411?” and “My Life,” were both produced by the rapper in the 1990s. 

LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING? CLICK HERE FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

“I feel like this is pertaining to a specific person,” one follower commented on Blige’s post. “I’m just gonna sit back and watch.”

“Perfect timing since Diddy is getting raided at this very moment!!!,” another wrote.

APP USERS CLICK HERE TO VIEW POST

“Mary said…. the Feds asked and I spoke… Im not going down with you guys…,” another fan wrote.

SEAN ‘DIDDY’ COMBS’ ACCUSER ADDS CUBA GOODING JR. TO SEXUAL ASSAULT LAWSUIT

A U.S. official confirmed to Fox News that the raids on Combs’ homes on Monday were connected to a federal human trafficking investigation.

“Earlier today, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) New York executed law enforcement actions as part of an ongoing investigation, with assistance from HSI Los Angeles, HSI Miami, and our local law enforcement partners,” the agency told Fox News Digital on Monday. “We will provide further information as it becomes available.”

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Combs maintains his innocence, with his attorney, Aaron Dyer, telling Fox News Digital in a statement Tuesday, “There has been no finding of criminal or civil liability with any of these allegations. Mr. Combs is innocent and will continue to fight every single day to clear his name.”

Rapper Sean Combs wears black suit with bow tie at Oscars party

Sean “Diddy” Combs has a long history of legal issues. (Getty Images)

Combs has been at the center of multiple legal battles in the past, with the most recent being a sexual assault lawsuit filed by Rodney Jones, known professionally as Lil Rod.

Jones sued Combs in February for sexual assault and listed the rapper’s most recent girlfriend, Yung Miami, in his updated complaint on Monday, alleging she was paid as a sex worker by Combs and also provided him with drugs.

Combs’ legal team slammed Jones’ accusations as “complete lies.”

“Lil Rod is nothing more than a liar who filed a $30 million lawsuit shamelessly looking for an undeserved payday. His reckless name-dropping about events that are pure fiction and simply did not happen is nothing more than a transparent attempt to garner headlines,” Combs’ attorney Shawn Holley previously told Fox News Digital.

Sean Combs LA home raided by Homeland Security officials

Sean “Diddy” Combs’ Los Angeles house was raided by Homeland Security officials on Monday as part of an ongoing investigation. It’s unclear if the rapper was home at the time. (FOX 11/Getty Images)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“We have overwhelming, indisputable proof that his claims are complete lies. Our attempts to share this proof with Mr. Jones’ attorney, Tyrone Blackburn, have been ignored, as Mr. Blackburn refuses to return our calls. We will address these outlandish allegations in court and take all appropriate action against those who make them.”



[ad_2]

Source link