-
Royal family faces biggest crisis after former Prince Andrew arrested: experts - 16 mins ago
-
Lake Balaton Is a Constantly Renewing, Strong Region, Says Minister - 29 mins ago
-
Team USA’s Alysa Liu Goes Viral For Her Olympic Moment - 46 mins ago
-
See where U.S. homeowners pay the highest property taxes by county and state - 57 mins ago
-
German Expat in Hungary Leaves EUR 700,000 to Anti-Immigration AfD Party - about 1 hour ago
-
Bill Gates pulls out of India AI summit amid Epstein scrutiny - about 1 hour ago
-
Chateau Market: Prestige, Usability, and the Rise of Domestic Buyers - 2 hours ago
-
200 Years of ‘Great Storyteller’ Mór Jókai: Bicentenary Year Concludes with Gala - 3 hours ago
-
Board of Peace Membership Is in Our Security Interest, Says Viktor Orbán - 3 hours ago
-
Nancy Guthrie Update: Ex-FBI Agent Details 7 Reasons Case Not Cartel-Linked - 3 hours ago
Washington — The United States carried out another strike on an alleged drug-smuggling boat in the eastern Pacific Ocean on Friday, the first since the U.S captured former Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro.
The strike — the 35th since Sept. 2, 2025 — killed two people and left one survivor, according to U.S. Southern Command.
“Intelligence confirmed the vessel was transiting along known narco-trafficking routes in the Eastern Pacific and was engaged in narco-trafficking operations,” Southern Command said.
The military said the U.S. Coast Guard was notified to conduct a search-and-rescue mission for the survivor.
The last strike was carried out on Dec. 31, just days before Maduro was captured and brought to the U.S. to face narco-terrorism charges. The Trump administration has accused Maduro of drug trafficking and working with gangs designated by the U.S. as terrorist organizations, which Maduro denies.
Maduro and his wife, Cilia Flores, pleaded not guilty earlier this month to federal drug trafficking and weapons charges.
About a week after Maduro’s extraction from Venezuela, President Trump announced he had called off a “second wave” of attacks, but naval forces in the region would “stay in place for safety and security purposes.”
At the time, a Democratic-led war powers resolution related to Venezuela had gained enough Republican support to advance in the Senate. But the White House peeled off enough GOP support to kill it.
On Thursday, the House narrowly defeated another Democratic-led war powers resolution in response to the military operation in Venezuela.
Democrats have vowed to keep pressing the issue.











